Monday, September 26, 2011

Blending and Type

:: BLENDING ::

The following images display a study on blending modes within Photoshop. This involves taking a distinct image and combining it with a more ambiguous, texture-like image. The blend mode that I decided to stick with was "Soft Light". I also did some minor adjustments to the final image with brightness/contrast and adjusting the levels. Enjoy:

"Dryland" | 24 Sep 2011 | Highland, UT
f/2.8 | 1/5300s | ISO 200 | 200mm | Canon 5D mk1

"Party Lights" | 24 Sep 2011 | Highland, UT
f/2.8 | 1/6400s | ISO 160 | 200mm | Canon 5D mk1



:: TYPE EFFECT ::

The following image I used to experiment with overlaying text onto the image. After editing the image as desired, I added the type layer and set the layer blend mode to "Overlay". This gives a pleasing transparent effect. I duplicated the layer to enhance the effect. Enjoy:

"Mr. & Mrs." | 24 Sep 2011 | Mount Timpanogos Temple, UT
f/2.8 | 1/400s | ISO 200 | 126mm | Canon 5D mk1


1 comment:

  1. Ryan,
    I really your work for this week. The one I liked the most was your type effect picture. I like the overlay blend you gave to the font and also, I like your choice for font type. Noticing from the original picture I liked how you darken the image, I think it looks better that way.
    -Israel.

    ReplyDelete